Moving our Native Seed Field - Gifting Plants! **REGISTRATION FULL**
Moving our Native Seed Field - Gifting Plants!
We are moving our Haliburton Farm Native Seed Field to Metchosin and we have plants that we want to make available to our community. These field-grown plants need to be dug and transported by participants.
Please note, we will be maintaining our front lease at Haliburton Farm and opening a second location in Metchosin Spring 2023.
*Priority to Indigenous-led projects*
How it works:
You will dig and take home your plants directly from the Haliburton Farm Native Seed Field located at 741 Haliburton Road during scheduled times, supervised by a Satinflower Nurseries staff member. Please bring your own shovels, pots, and anything to transfer your bareroot plants. Please note, digging plants will be difficult physical work.
What species are available?
- Canada Goldenrod, Solidago lepida
- Entire-leaved Gumweed, Grindelia stricta
- Graceful Cinquefoil, Potentilla gracilis var. gracilis
- Hardhack, Spiraea douglasii
- Henderson's Checkermallow, Sidalcea hendersonii
- Roemer's Fescue, Festuca roemeri
- Salmonberry, Rubus spectabilis
- Snowberry, Symphoricarpos albus
- Thimbleberry, Rubus parviflorus
- Trailing Blackberry, Rubus ursinus
- Western Buttercup, Ranunculus occidentalis
- Woolly Sunflower, Eriophyllum lanatum
How much does it cost:
When is it happening:
We are hosting two days in November:
- November 26th, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- November 30th, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
How to sign up:
People who have signed up will receive an email closer to your selected date with details.
- Satinflower Nurseries